Followers

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Gifts from the UK

 This week my Mum and her boyfriend returned to Australia from their 6 week holiday to the UK and France. Before Mum left she had asked me if there would be anything that I would like as a souveneir. Surprise, surprise....I said "anything miniature".  So six weeks ago, armed with a list of miniatures suppliers, they left. Mum sent a message suggesting they had visited the biggest Dollhouse shop ever, hinting that something great would be returning with them. Well it did.


Mum had visited a lovely shop called "Harlequin Dolls House Ship" in Southbourne and when there bought lots of great things to add to my victorian dollhouse. After speaking to the friendly staff, they chose several items to bring home.


The first two photos are of the wardrobe. Its has incredible detail that I almost missed seeing. In all the excitement of unpacking the gifts I neglected to look inside. As you can see there are several draws and compartments. All the draws open as well.

My next two pictures are of the bed. Again another surprise to be had as I again neglected to look under the covers to find a detailed mattress.
 Two bedside tables. The mat beneath the tables was also a gift.
 The next gift I almost didn't get. Mum's boyfriend said "what about this?" Mum wasn't sure if I would like it, but they purchased it anyway. I am so glad they did. Its a working 
(ok that doesn't indicate my excitement enough) ITS A WORKING HEIDI OTT GRANDFATHER CLOCK!!!!!!!!!  The details are incredible. It has metal weights and chains. And the face is also made of metal. I haven't got it going yet, but can't wait to see it working.



 The last item is a small globe for the gentlemen's study. I had been looking for one for ages, but the ones I had found looked far too modern. The best part is that it is a very old map. Australia is not even charted on it. It kind of looks like Antarctica and Australia are joined. A really nice detail.

 Now the last items weren't purchased at all. They were a gift from the lovely shop assistant at Harlequins. Included was a current Dolls House Emporium Catalogue, a Heidi Ott Catalogue and several Reutter Porzellan past catalogues. I'll be hanging onto these as they have several pictures of items that I have now put on my "wish list" and lots of inspirational photos.


I'm aiming to email the lovely shop keeper to thank her for the wonderful catalogues and for helping Mum and her bf with the purchases.

To my surprise my boyfriend also got a gift purchased from the same shop. But more on that in my next post.


Lastly in todays post I would like to thank everyone on their lovely comments posted on my last post. Indy my great dane has been doing so much better. She is back to her old self and received a positive report from the vet at her last visit. It was also great to hear some lovely stories about your loved ones.

Well I'm off to read the catalogues. (It's probably the 4th time I have looked at them....but I might have missed something!)

Thanks you again Mum and T for the lovely gifts.
IndyPoppy

36 comments:

  1. Hello Indy-Poppy! What wonderful treasures that you have received from your Mom and her boyfriend! Fabulous bedroom set! Your mother has a good eye and knows your taste. Enjoy all your treasures and the catalogues and So glad to hear of your Big Puppies return to health!
    That is probably the Best gift of all!

    elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely Indy being better is the best gift. Mum had thought that she may have passed and that I hadn't told her so as to not spoil her holiday so she was extra happy too.

      Delete
  2. unos regalos preciosos , el armario particularmente me encanta , seguro que los disfrutaras mucho

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The closet is very nice. I love all the little compartments.

      Delete
  3. Tu madre, su novio y el encargado de la tienda han tenido un gusto estupendo. Todas la piezas son preciosas.No me extraña que estés contenta .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They all had great taste. They were wonderful choices.

      Delete
  4. You are the luckiest girl in miniature-land! What great gifts! And I'm so happy that Indy made a full recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks John. I am extremely lucky with Indy....we still won't have a long time with her but any extra time is a blessing.

      Delete
  5. Bellissimi i doni da parte dei tuoi cari!L'armadio poi è splendido e pieno di scomparti da riempire, sono stati veramente generosi!Sono contenta delle condizioni buone del vostro cane!
    Un abbraccio, Manu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Manu, I got really excited about the compartments also. Lots of storage for mini things.

      Delete
  6. Hi there! Your are so lucky to have a fabulous Mom and her boyfriend :! Their taste of miniatures is great, enjoy your gifts!
    I read about Indy, I hope he is recovering well.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get my taste from my Mum....Unfortunately it means I'm really good at falling in love with something only to find its the most expensive thing in the shop. He He.

      Delete
  7. Wow I could hear your shout of excitement from here hehe. Your gifts are fantastic enjoy. Great to hear Indy is getting better.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I was a little too excited... I think it scared them.

      Delete
  8. Congrats on your fabulous gifts. I can feel the sheer joy of it! I'm so glad that Indy is feeling better--our fur babies are so precious. Have fun with those catalogs. xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a rather BIG fur baby. We forget just how big she is until you see a little dog.

      Delete
  9. Lucky you, your Mum and bf chose well the furniture is great, especially the Working clock! Glad Indy is feeling better and hope you'll show us what else you received soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The clock is amazing...I never thought I'd get a working one.

      Delete
  10. Amazing miniature you've got. I love your globe, it is so different. I am also love your wardrobe, it is so beautiful.
    Good to hear Indy recovers.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Indypoopy,
    They have a amzing taste. Every piece is just fantastic and so incredible well finished and detailed. Gorgeous!I love that clock.
    Big hug,
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Giac, I really wish my house was completed so I could put them in.

      Delete
  12. I mobili sono davvero meravigliosi, l'armadio è il mio pezzo preferito, spero di vederlo presto pieno di fantastiche mini!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope to fill the wardrobe with lots of minis.

      Delete
  13. No me extraña que estes contenta, son unos preciosos regalos, disfrutalos.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  14. Muchas felicidades Indy_Poppy! Disfrute sus hermosos regalos! Puedo imaginar la alegria de tu madre al hacerte tan feliz con estos tesoros!
    Un abrazo!
    Amary♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a great Mum who loves adding things to my dollhouse.

      Delete
  15. What beautiful treasures!
    I am so happy to hear Indy is doing better.

    So good of you to visit.. Thank you so much for your kind words. They sure do look like best pals..
    blessings,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  16. Indy is doing really well. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm late, but still I want to say your mother bought you splendid miniatures! I am impressed by the wardrobe and the bed, love it! And all pieces match together perfectly in style.
    Thanks for leaving a comment on my latest post, happy to hear you like my creation :-) Give a hug to Indy from me, Liduina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. Mum did choose well. IndyPoppy

      Delete
  18. I'm so HAPPY to hear Indy is well. That's awesome news. May she keep going for many many years.
    I LOVE all your new minis. OMG! They are totally amazing.
    hugs♥,
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline, Indy is doing well. She's not impressed by the cold weather we are having.

      Delete
  19. Thank you so much for your most welcome visit and kind words about Bella.. I am so happy you enjoyed viewing.
    fondly,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! I love reading other peoples blogs. There are so many great blogs out there.

      Delete