Saturday, October 31, 2015

Dry Fit: Window time.

 Hello Readers:

As I am nearly finished my cladding (one wall to go) I decided to see if the pre made windows would fit. After a bit of sanding with the Dremel (Im starting to love this tool!) most fitted in fairly well.

I'm not planning on glueing them in until much latter as I will prepping each one before installation. Most of the windows came with the kit. The only thing that is a little disappointing is that they aren't opening.

I have to admit, they really do start to make it look like a house and not so much like a shell which it has looked like for a long......long....long time.

Till next time,
Keep on mini-ing.


Saturday, October 10, 2015

Scroll Saw: First attempt.

Hi Readers,
I have been very nervous about having a go with my new scroll saw so yesterday I thought I'd give it a go. In my previous post I mentioned that I would attempt to use old blinds for the timber. Well I found it fairly easy to cut, but one downside was chipping. It didn't seem to happen over the entire piece of wood, but some parts I recut as I was not happy with the result. Anyway here it is. A sewing box. It will need a bit more sanding and then staining, but I'm pretty happy as it was my first attempt.