Last week there was no time for dollhouse miniatures as I was given a challenge from my boyfriend. Last year we purchased yet another mini. It put our total count of minis to 3 (though I have suspicions that there may be another one in the shed in bits (as my boyfriend keeps bringing 'parts' home. he he he :)
My challenge was to clean as much of the old interior as I could and replace parts that were needed. I made a couple of interior panels including the doors. (What does this have to do with miniatures you might ask?) Well, many of the skills I have learnt in making minis were used. For example to make the templates for the dash I made paper templates just like you would for wallpapering a dollhouse.
So why go to the effort? In Australia minis are becoming quite rare and so are their parts, so when all else fails you make or mend. The final result I'm pretty happy about....a few things I want to work on but nothing major. I think Kryton is quite happy with his new interior. Yes thats right....I named my mini. Kryton is a racing mini that we hope to race in the next few months. He is sporting his new numbers.
As Kryton was looking so good we took him down the coast to a mini show and shine. Here he is with all his friends. (Don't they all look good together)
On a mini note. I received today the first of a few mini giveaways I won recently. This came all the way from Finland. I won one of the many Minitarnat's Giveaways. Tuija sent me several beautiful gifts including her hand made basket. Included was a pack of ribbons and other items to make miniatures with. I already have a few ideas up my sleeve for them. Thankyou for your beautiful gift Tuija.