Followers

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Basement Continued and a Thank you.


Firstly I would like to thank everyone for their kind comments on the last post. It was a very hard post to write and I appreciated everyones kind words about Buckley.
 This week has seen some more progress on the victorian house with the second part of the basement started. It has been a fiddly process but I'm happy with it. The tower will have a basement that has two rooms and will be a separate addition to the house. This enables me to pull it out to see the internal rooms.

The right side bay window is beginning to come together also.
 This dormer window was one of the easiest pieces to fit. I wish the same could be said for the right side attic window. It proved to be quite painful!
 Photo of internal bay window. This cutout came with the kit. I think its a cute detail as the original plans have a plain square cutout.
This is a photo of my choice of basement windows. They were super cheap at A$4 for 13!  They seem to be the perfect size also.
 Finally I would like to show you the pictures of the lovely gifts I received. I entered a giveaway at  http://meritannukkis.blogspot.com.es and won this adorable tree. The pictures do not do it justice!

I also won all the items in the next two photos. The beading is wonderful. Merita, thank you for the wonderful gifts.

Well I hope everyone is enjoying the weather. We have had our first few days of Spring which has been marvellous.

Enjoy your week
IndyPoppy

13 comments:

  1. Hi Indy, enjoy your wonderful gifts :D! I hope you're feeling better?
    I can't wait to see more of your new house.
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the bay window in a dollhouse.
    The gifts are wonderful.
    Hug, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your wonderful gifts. Looking forward to seeing more of your house.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  4. si que tienes el trabajo avanzado , los regalos del sorteo son preciosos , felicidades

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  5. Se por experiencia lo difíciles que resultan esas ventanas abuhardilladas, pero te ha quedado muy bien. Ya has realizado una parte buena parte del trabajo.
    Bonito regalo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to see you in a better mind space and enjoying some creativity!

    Your project is looking great! You won some great minis there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely gifts, enjoy them. I can see the house is in process. Looking forward to see more.
    Hugs
    Wyrna

    ReplyDelete
  8. You made nice progress on your house. I like your choice for the basement windows...looking forward to see how they look like when you have placed them.
    Enjoy your wonderful gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful prizes and nice work on your dollhouse. I'm looking forward to seeing more. Happy spring to you! xo Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oi Indy, belo projeto. Eu também tenho pouco espaço aqui para trabalhar.
    Estarei de volta pois eu quero ver como ficará a casa.
    Um abraço, Fernanda.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your in good spirits Im in a bit of a rut but I'm fighting my way back out of it, I think that bay windown is going to look great. take care of you!

    Hugs
    Marisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your Victorian house is a very interesting project. I probably missed what is the size of it, it looks very huge! Will follow the process with a big interest. Mini hugs, Natalia

    ReplyDelete